Having run the family business and her own consulting firm for over fifteen years, Fabian Dattner joined forces with Jim Grant at the end of 1997 to form DGL International (now Dattner Grant). At the time, Fabian was already one of Australian's best-known female entrepreneurs, speakers and leadership commentators. The incredibly fertile, intellectually rich and highly complementary partnership with Jim Grant enabled the newly formed company to have far broader reach.
Fabian has personally interviewed many hundreds of working Australians in numerous organisations across many industries. Her insights into leadership and her fearlessness in challenging leaders to consider more inclusive, and indeed more profitable, forms of leadership are well acknowledged. She is widely recognised as a highly effective creative strategist, facilitator, teacher and social entrepreneur.
Fabian has a considerable number of both commercial and community achievements to her credit. She has been cited by Australia's premier business magazine The Bulletin as one of Australia's top 100 contributors, she has twice been a runner-up in the state Telstra Businesswomen's Awards, she was in the Australia Day Ambassador Program from 2001 to 2004, she regularly contributes to various media around Australia on leadership issues, and is a monthly guest on the ABC's Nightlife program with Tony Delroy.
She has also penned three books on leadership and has been included in many others. Go to our books page for further information.
Down-to-earth, informed, entertaining and provocative, Fabian is also an outstanding and much sought-after public speaker. She has worked with and spoken for over 500 organisations throughout Australia and South-East Asia, including 20th Century Fox, Foxtel, Western Australian Local Government Association, ANZ, Victorian Department of Education and Training, B&E, Kangan Batman TAFE and various national associations - government, corporate, entrepreneurial and not-for-profit.
Qualifications, Accreditations and Memberships
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Sociology
- Certificate IV - Assessment & Workplace Training
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistics Programming
- 4Mat System Mastering Training & Design (Level 3)
- Care-ring crisis counselling
- Accredited in the administration of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Accredited in the administration of the 4Mat Learning System: Learning Type Measure, Leadership Behaviour Inventory, Hemispheric Mode Indicator
- Accredited in the administration of Spiral Dynamics
- Accredited in Human Synergistics Tools - Life Styles Inventory (LSI 1 & 2) & Group Styles Inventory (GSI)
- Accredited in the administration of the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI)
- Member, Associate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained, Penguin, 1992
- Naked Truth - An Open Letter to the Australian Working Community, Woodslane Press, 1996; a national best-seller
- Three Spirits of Leadership, Business & Professional Publishing, 1999; co-written with DGL International partners Jim Grant and Ken Luscombe
To order, please download our book order form.
Listed in Publications
- Tall Poppies Too, Susan Mitchell, Penguin, 1992
- Splitting the World Apart, Susan Mitchell, Penguin, 2002
- Seven Heavenly Virtues of Leadership, McGraw-Hill, 2003; one of seven contributors to this Australian Institute of Management project
Back to Meet the Team