Jim Grant is a founding partner of Dattner Grant with extensive experience at the most senior levels of international business and as a member of the Executive Teams of several major corporations before co-founding Dattner Grant.
A former secondary teacher, Jim's outspoken commitment to the voice of teachers and the importance of education soon saw him establish a career in the union movement. He was pivotal in the founding of the Teachers Federation of Victoria in 1984 and became the federation's inaugural head. He represented Australian teachers at four World Congresses.
Following this he held a range of senior international leadership positions with several major international corporations (ICI, Huntsman Chemical and Pasminco), for a decade working worldwide on several complex human resource and broader business issues, having a range of global strategic responsibilities and gaining wide reputation in his field.
Jim is known for his strategic thinking capacity, extensive knowledge of international human resource practices, deep understanding of leadership and how organisations really tick. He has an uncanny pragmatic ability to manage complex organisational change processes and he merges a creative flair with a deep intellectual understanding of the work he does.
His areas of specialty include working with senior executive teams on a wide range of matters, mentoring and coaching executives, and designing and facilitating leadership development.
Qualifications, Accreditations and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Diploma of Education
- Numerous post-graduate studies in Public Policy, Education and Public Relations
- Accredited by Hay Group to provide Emotional Competency Inventory
- Accredited to provide Career Development Interviews (Working Life Appraisals)
- Accredited in the Mayer Salovey Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
- Accredited in Total Quality Management
- Accredited in the Inventory of Leadership Styles (ILS)
- Accredited in the MTQ48 Mental Toughness Questionnaire
- Three Spirits of Leadership, Business & Professional Publishing, 1999; co-written with Fabian Dattner & Ken Luscombe
- Leader as Coach Workbook, Dattner Grant, 2009
- Numerous articles in public education
Back to Meet the Team